July is National Grilling Month and to celebrate, we’re sharing all the secrets! If you’re looking to impress guests (or even just your family!) follow these tips and tricks to become a grilling master!
- Wash your hands before and after handling any meat! This ensures your mittens are clean and germ free, also ensuring there is no cross-contamination.
- Always, always, always bring your meat to room temperature before grilling; this prevents your meat from tensing up when grilling.
- After pre-heating your grill, use a wired grill brush to clean off charred debris from prior meals, before you start grilling!
- Having an issue with your foods sticking to your grill? Use a vegetable oil drenched paper towel to oil up your hot grill rack.
- If you’re having troubles with your grill flaring up when you start grilling your foods, keep a spray bottle filled with water to douse out any flames!